It’s finally time for a new release. I didn’t have time to put in all the feature I wanted. But instead of more delays, I decided to release what is ready right now. You can get it in the download section. Be sure to give your feedback to make the next releases better.
New Features and Bug Fixes:
- Landscape mode supported for viewing images (make sure a landscape picture is at an even page number. If not, a “filler” page is inserted to fix the page alignment)
- Image preview of manga files (mga and wmga) in windows explorer for Windows Vista
- New Panning mode for zoom: better for tablet pc users
- Combobox button for next/previous page allowing to quickly jump to a specific pages, and for quickly opening the next/previous chapter
- Also: quickly load next and previous manga(in directory layout).
- Preloading of images when opening web mangas to inproves page flip performance
- Fixed snapshot tool bug in single page mode
- Better memory usage when managing manga images (reader and creator)
- New special panel for displaying manga info (title, author, etc.), instead of having an entire page for that
- Load mangas via: drag & drop from Windows explorer
- Added MangaFox to the list of manga stores (known bug: The category “All” does not display all mangas available. Pick a different category to locate the manga you wish to read.)
- Download/Load progress in Manga Creator and Manga Reader
- The new MangaVolume site works with Manga Reader now
- Handling of mature content warning for One Manga and Manga Fox
- Ability to import images from one or multiple manga files (mga, wmga, cbz, cbt, cbr, zip, rar, tar) into Manga Creator workspace
- Tip: Press H to hide the title bar. This feature will be properly supported in the next release.
- Better caching of manga thumbs
- Silverlight support
- New “browser” like the Online Manga Explorer to quickly read weekly releases.
- Auto update when new version available
- Data virtualization (for mangas with a large number of pages) => better memory usage
- Fix image quality problem when saving images with MC
- Customizable shortcuts
- Autohide title bar in fullscreen mode