Posted on December 7, 2010 by Admin
Today’s update fixes the MangaStream issue, and removes support for Manga-Haven.
You can get this update here.
I am making available an early preview of Manga Reader v2.0. I haven’t started working on the new version of Manga Creator 2.0, so it is not included. There is no online explorer mode is this preview. It is however a much better offline manga or comic reader. To be able to read your online mangas with this reader, you will have to open them with the previous version and save them in the wgma format.
More archive formats are also supported. Please report any issues with rar (or other formats) archives. All known issues should be fixed. Let me know if they are not.
You will need to have .Net Framework 4 installed.
Get Manga Reader 2.0 Alpha here.
Feel free to leave feedback
Filed under: Releases | 61 Comments »
Posted on September 28, 2010 by Admin
Fixed MangaStream and MangaFox issues.
Grab it here.
Filed under: Releases | 16 Comments »
Posted on July 30, 2010 by Admin
I just released a new version (1.5.4) which can be found in the Downloads page.
Here is a list of changes:
– Removed OneManga
– Added Manga-Haven, Manga Fox and Manga Stream
– Fixed problem opening CBR archives on a 64 bit machine.
– Images with uppercase extensions inside a CBR or CBZ should now work. Let me know if they don’t.
– MGA and WMGA thumbnails should now work on 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and 7.
Filed under: Releases | 38 Comments »
Posted on February 18, 2009 by Admin
Here is a new quick release to fix an issue with OneManga.
Filed under: Releases | 19 Comments »
Posted on August 19, 2008 by Admin
Another minor release to fix MangaFox and reading some mangas on OneManga.
I am also removing MangaVolume temporarily.
I will keep making these minor releases until the next major release. I am currently re-designing Manga reader to be more flexible. this will allow me to make these updates without having to release a new version. I think there will also be a new website/domain, etc. Stay Tuned 😉
Filed under: Releases | 47 Comments »
Posted on August 17, 2008 by Admin
This is a minor release to fix reading mangas from OneManga.
Filed under: Releases | 4 Comments »
Posted on July 7, 2008 by Admin
It’s finally time for a new release. I didn’t have time to put in all the feature I wanted. But instead of more delays, I decided to release what is ready right now. You can get it in the download section. Be sure to give your feedback to make the next releases better.
New Features and Bug Fixes:
- Landscape mode supported for viewing images (make sure a landscape picture is at an even page number. If not, a “filler” page is inserted to fix the page alignment)
- Image preview of manga files (mga and wmga) in windows explorer for Windows Vista
- New Panning mode for zoom: better for tablet pc users
- Combobox button for next/previous page allowing to quickly jump to a specific pages, and for quickly opening the next/previous chapter
- Also: quickly load next and previous manga(in directory layout).
- Preloading of images when opening web mangas to inproves page flip performance
- Fixed snapshot tool bug in single page mode
- Better memory usage when managing manga images (reader and creator)
- New special panel for displaying manga info (title, author, etc.), instead of having an entire page for that
- Load mangas via: drag & drop from Windows explorer
- Added MangaFox to the list of manga stores (known bug: The category “All” does not display all mangas available. Pick a different category to locate the manga you wish to read.)
- Download/Load progress in Manga Creator and Manga Reader
- The new MangaVolume site works with Manga Reader now
- Handling of mature content warning for One Manga and Manga Fox
- Ability to import images from one or multiple manga files (mga, wmga, cbz, cbt, cbr, zip, rar, tar) into Manga Creator workspace
- Tip: Press H to hide the title bar. This feature will be properly supported in the next release.
- Better caching of manga thumbs
- Silverlight support
- New “browser” like the Online Manga Explorer to quickly read weekly releases.
- Auto update when new version available
- Data virtualization (for mangas with a large number of pages) => better memory usage
- Fix image quality problem when saving images with MC
- Customizable shortcuts
- Autohide title bar in fullscreen mode
Filed under: Releases | 7 Comments »